Re: tunes from your area

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 05:26:01PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> I was taught that in Belgium, it's somewhere in between: it's not
> actually legal to make a copy of a copyrighted work, but as long as you
> don't make a profit out of it, they can't prosecute you for it. I don't
> recall the details, however.

A study made on copyright law in Finland states the same, indicating that they
can only put you a fine to retrieve the lost of revenue they got, but is
always when you do it for a profit, mostly an economical benefit.

But that the payment of the levy on blank media does not legally give you the
right to copy without any limits anything that is legally or (dubbed) ilegally
downloadable from the net... But then again the law is not clear on that
matter...

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland

A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around!
		--Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)