Re: Suggestions for night arrival

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 09:53:25AM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> I payed 32Euro from the center of town to the airport, priced by
> the meter. I had good success (especially at airports) to go from
> cab to cab and ask what they would charge for the trip, and agree
> with the driver on a fixed fee. that would normally be several
> (5?) under the one the meter would come up with. If you point out
> that you would not need a receipt it might become even cheaper.

Except that in Finland,

1. if you jump the line and try to go for the second taxi, the taxi driver
will point you to the first taxi. Their code of conduct is quite strict here.
They will most likely refuse to take you if you insist on taking the second
taxi.

2. prices are sctrictly controled. You will have very little possibility of
bargain a price.

3. Take the 615 -> walk 500m to the underground bus station -> 102/102T and
you will travel the whole distance in 1h for 3/3.20e

Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

He's almost a stranger, and I prefer him to you!
		--Sandra Bloom (Big Fish)