Re: DebConf-7 ;)

Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 12:00:34AM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
>
>>Mee too, as long as the hotel also includes wine, women and fame.
>

> I see that comment as an ofense to our debian women fellows.
>

>>Marcin
>>OK, don't listen to me, I'm a bit drunk :-P
>

> You're not excused.
>
> Anibal Monsalve Salazar

Thanks Anibal - you're right about that.

I reckon there is a lot to be said for holding Debconf in a different continent
each time, to make it easier for Debian people from that region to travel there.
 Europe in general is expensive for lots of us from other parts of the world,
both to get to and in the cost of living. (It occurs to me to wonder to what
extent their tendency to have lower incomes impacts on women's likelihood of
attending events like Debconf.)

I think Debian would benefit from having its profile raised in other parts of
the world, especially if there are areas where there is a lot of interest in
linux, but not so many DDs. Maybe China or somewhere else in Asia?

Helen