Re: DebConf-7 ;)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

For the money side of things there is this as a nice overview:
http://www.economist.com/markets/bigmac/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3503641
It is surprisingly accurate, considering that we spend about two
times more then last year (housing and feeding more people at a
lower standard). I dont want to have debconfs above the US (price
wise), really, since it is a waste of money which we could use in
other ways instead. like for having more debconfs in an other
location where other people can travel cheaply. Everyone would
win.
The price for traveling is certainly not proportional to the distance
but there was this nice calculation at

     http://people.debian.org/~edward/globe/average/

form the end of 2001.  Unfortunately nobody seems to care about updating
the coordinates.  But I think it speaks for Greenland or perhaps Iceland
(which is booth not really sheap). :)

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--