Re: DebConf-7 ;)

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:44:22AM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> even wikipedia knows about greece:

'even', it's a wiki :)

Why not in Utrecht, NL[1]? Lots of DD's here, lots of experience in
organising events.

Ok, really seriously: lots of candidates (so far Europe only, though, it
seems), and due to the nature of this particular choice, it'll be hard
to ever agree, and agreement by consensus is probably going to leave a
bit a unsatisfied feeling with other candidates. I think it's imperative
that there needs to come some way to more or less objectively decide on
a next location, based on the criteria that matter (which should be
gathered, of course). Short of increasing the frequency, which I think
isn't really a doable option because people can't commit that often to a
conference, this is certainly a necessity now.

I hereby put this on the agenda for some DPL-team meeting at least to
discuss, as currently there isn't really anyone authorative about this
whole issue. I assume it'll end up with a set of proposals/one proposal
to be discussed on -project.  Anyway, it's still a bit early, so there
isn't that much an urgency behind it, but at one point the decision
needs to be made somewhere.

--Jeroen

[1] Personally, I actually prefer to go somewhere as exotic as possible,
    as there never was an debconf yet in Asia, why not over there?
	Japan and South Korea at least are two very good possibilities
	afaik, and since I've never been in Japan before, I vote Japan

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl