Re: Traintrip to Debconf

Hi,

I checked the prices, here is a very rough overview:

Interrail ticket 16 Days, Skandinavian Zone (B), up to 26 years old:
						 195 €
Train from Germany (Karlsruhe) to Kopenhagen	 ~95 €
Ferry to Malmö or Local Train			 ~30 € or less
Free Trains in Sweden				   0 €
Ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki (Ferry Line, Cheapest Class, Interrail rebate)
					 	  21 €
(mostly) Free Trains in Finland			   0 €
Returning to Karlsruhe				~150 €
Sum:						~500 €

alternative route via Rostock:

Interrailticket:				 195 €
Train from Karlsruhe to Rostock:		 ~60 €
Ferry Rostock - Hanko				 154 € Roundtrip,Airseat
  (cabin would be 300€, can't figure out the interrail rebate though)
Free Trains in Finnland:			   0 €
Train Rostock - Karlsruhe:			 ~60 €
Sum airseat:					~520 €
Sum cabin:					~670 €

This is all very rough. As you can see, this is not really cheaper than,
for example, RyanAir from Frankfuhrt to Tampere and back, but if others
would join, it surely is more fun.

What do you think?

Greetings,
Joachim