Re: Traintrip to Debconf

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 08:55:26PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Hi, it's me again.
> I was browsing around a bit. Another interesting option, especially for
> those that want to include a bit of holiday afterwards, is the Interrail
> ticket: Almost free trains within Skandinavia (or whole of Europe) for 2
> or 4 Weeks, 50% off the train ticket from where you live 'till the
> border of the region you choose, prices off on ferries. See
> http://www.interrailnet.com/
> While it would not bring financial benefit, again it's more fun if other
> people would join.

Pay attention to Germany: last time I crossed it on Interrail, DB
charged supplements if you took IC or ICE trains; that meant that to
cross Germany without paying extra, you'd have to do it with regional
trains only, with like 10 changes or so.

But yes, interrail is cool, and before/after the debconf it's cool to go
north and see the midnight sun and the Lofoten islands in Norway; plus,
all of Scandinavia allows for camping everywhere.

Ciao,

Enrico