Re: Road Trip from Germany et al

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 07:49:13PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 31 March 2005 15:32, Sven Luther wrote:
> > What about a bus ? Also, it depends if you drive to northern germany and
> > take a ferry there, in which case it is maybe 8 hours dependending from
> > where you leave, or go through poland/rusland/letonia or whatever, and take
> > the fery from there.
>
> Yup. A bus (=more people) should also be more fun. Going thru Denmark and
> Sweden and then take a ferry to Finland also isn't that far...
>
> At the moment I'm not sure how to get _to_ HELsinki as I'm planning to arrive
> early (around 1st-3rd of july).
>
> So I'm thinking more of a relaxed "sightseeing" trip _back_. And not to go
> back home but to whatthehack! (see http://www.whatthehack.org for more...
> starts ) - anybody else thinking about doing this ?

I'm intending to go by car and do a relaxed trip back ending at 'what
the hack'. Going by car is not the cheapest way of getting there, but at
least I can take a tent, real beer, club-mate and other drinks, some
hardware, ... with me.  Furthermore it's easier to travel around by car.
'What the hack' promises to be an interesting event but more like the
chaos congress then like a debconf.

Cheers,

Peter (p2).