Re: No Google please (was: Untitled spreadsheet (debconf-bid-capetown@lists.debian.org))

Hi martin (2014.09.14_22:27:00_+0200)
> Who am I, but I don't have a Google account, and I won't get one.

I hope this hasn't put anyone off, but I'm afraid this is going to be a
common complaint in Debian. We don't want to be relying on proprietary
services that require sign-up. They aren't inclusive, within this
community.

Google spreadsheets are a great tool for throwing data around and
collaborating on building a spreadsheet. But if a document is gaining
any kind of importance, we should get it into an open format, in our git
repo.

madduck has created a git repo for our team
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/bid-capetown.git/

We'll have to join the debconf-data team in Alioth (which we were going
to have to, anyway, if the bid is approved).

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debconf-data/
https://alioth.debian.org/project/request.php?group_id=30975

> I would greatly prefer putting all our data into Git, and I am happy
> to help anyone with any Git work, even if you have no idea about
> Git, don't care, and don't want to read any documents.

Thanks,

SR

--
Stefano Rivera