Re: Timing

Hi

I'm going on the university vac as suitable times regardless of where the actual venue would be, for now.
In terms of 'do we want to be global or not' - I think that that won't fly, for the reasons Nattie mentioned.

Stellenbosch has different dates to the other universities. I couldn't find 2016 dates for Stellenbosch, but it looks like early September is doable:
http://sun.ac.za/english/about-us/termdates-2014
June vac: 27 June - 21 July 2014
September vac: 6 - 14 September 2014

UCT: (which would go for CPUT, UWC too, not sure about AIMS)
https://www.uct.ac.za/calendar/terms (for 2013 - 2016)
June vac: 1 Jun 2016 to 17 Jul 2016
September vac: 3 Sept 2016 to 11 Sept 2016

Any arguments for/against June/July?

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Simon (2014.08.31_12:33:30_+0200)
> If we can find a venue where the entire conference can hole up for a
> week and not have to go outside much, winter could work for Cape Town.

From the pictures I've seen from friends hiking this weekend, apparently
the weather right now is rather nice. We do have stunning weeks in
August. But we also have weeks of continuous rain.

Winging it, with an all-indoor backup plan, is an option.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/