Re: Timing

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Nattie Mayer-Hutchings
<nattie@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> That *could* work, though it is slightly out of the window of what we've had
> so far.  I can't speak to DebConfs 0-4, but in the not-quite-decade I've
> been attending (albeit not every year), we've had a range of about 4 months,
> from early May (and that was somewhat exceptional/controversial, and
> justified because we could get a quite substantial venue for a good price on
> those dates IIRC) to very late August.  Where in the month does the April
> vac fall?  How long is it?

I think the current month range is too northern hemisphere centric and
we shouldn't be scared to propose something outside of that. Does
DebConf want to be a global thing or not?

> For what it's worth, previous southern-hemisphere DebConfs (Brazil,
> Argentina) have taken place in the northern-hemisphere summer, I think.  I'm
> told the Argentinian one was distinctly wintery.

If we can find a venue where the entire conference can hole up for a
week and not have to go outside much, winter could work for Cape Town.