Re: Venues

Hi

Question:

What is the pro's and cons of a self-contained "summer camp for geeks" vs "How easy/convenient is the proposed place to get all strange and regular kinds of hardware?" (from the LocationChecklist)

Similar to wine farms, we could use a place used for trance parties perhaps, but in terms of hardware and more importantly, bandwidth and lots of plugpoints, I strongly recommend hosting at a university - UWC, CPUT, UCT, Stellenbosch or AIMS are all options. (I prefer UCT as I'm based there and it would make organising much easier for me).
This limits the timing to vacs, which I will address in that thread.

regards
Bernelle