Re: USB Port speeds

Hello Jörg,

I use uBuntu Linux distribution at the present time for most of my workstations.  I still use Slackware for my dedicated servers. On Slackware I compile apps from source and install.  The Slack installs are very static and run for years without any changes.  On uBuntu platforms I use the apt-get servers to download and install software maintained by Cannonical.  I searched the Synaptics Package manager for cdrtools and cdrecord but nothing appeared for me to install by those names.  Certainly I can download the source from your server but then I would also need to download and install all the programs and libraries to compile programs.  I reviewed your download area and I do not see any prebuilt packages for uBuntu available.  So the issue here becomes more of time and effort issue on my part.

My primary concern for BD-RE media is for backups, and many installations will be on Slackware installs.  I will download and try to build the new cdrecord apps on a server.  But some are rather old so my options may be very limited.  I do know one is Slack 13.0 and it is less than 5 years old so I expect promising results on that platform.

Thank you for your interest and consideration of my problem.
James