Re: Issues brining BD disks from the command line - write failures

Hi,

> or a bad enclosure maybe?

Rather not. The growisofs error message indicates media problems.

> Current: DVD-R sequential recording

That's a different game ...

> Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, deferred error, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0

... but quite the same error as with growisofs.

> like there is some sort of issue with DMA access to the drive?

No transport problems to see. The drive dislikes the medium.
(Any medium ?)

> Do I have a coincidence not only getting a brand new dead burner but some
> sort of bus damage to this system?

If the burner is new then complain to the seller and demand
replacement.