Re: Issues brining BD disks from the command line - write failures

Hi,

> :-[ READ FORMAT CAPACITIES failed with SK=3h/ASC=19h/ACQ=00h]:

3,19,00 is not listed among the official SCSI error codes.

3,x,y means "Medium error". The other two components would tell
what kind of medium error. E.g. 3,C0,00 would be "Write error".

> :-[ READ BD SPARE INFORMATION failed with SK=5h/INVALID FIELD IN CDB]:

It looks like the drive refuses to tell anything about BD peculiarities.

>  Media ID:              OTCBDR/001

First time i see "Optodisc Technology Corporation" as manufacturer.
My list says that they are 1x-4x high-to-low media. (The other type
"LTH" is quite problematic. But HTL should be ok.)

Well, if more than one drive fails with these, then you will have to
try a different medium type. E.g with a different nominal speed
(Optodisc has "1x-6x" OTCBDR/002) or from a brand that sells from a
different manufacturer (Brand Verbatim is "VERBAT" or "MBI").

BD-RE are more expensive than BD-R, but usually less error prone.
At least you would surely buy a different medium type.
(And you most surely can revive spoiled BD-RE as soon as you find
 a drive which can handle them.)