Re: Second case, check if cdrskin also has the problem (result: no)

Hi,

> READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
>  Track State:           partial/complete
>  Track Start Address:   0*2KB
>  Next Writable Address: 0*2KB
>  Free Blocks:           812352*2KB
>  Track Size:            812352*2KB
> READ TRACK INFORMATION[#2]:
>  Track State:           blank

This is not the same state as with the DVD+R DL which you initially
reported.

On 22 Oct 2010 16:57:39 +0800:
> >  READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
> >   Track State:           invisible
> >   Track Start Address:   0*2KB
> >   Free Blocks:           0*2KB
> >   Track Size:            812352*2KB
> >  READ TRACK INFORMATION[#2]:
> >   Track State:           reserved
> >   Track Start Address:   812368*2KB
> >   Next Writable Address: 812368*2KB
> >   Free Blocks:           812352*2KB
> >   Track Size:            812352*2KB
> >  READ TRACK INFORMATION[#3]:
> >   Track State:           blank

It appears that the old DVD took one valid session (by growisofs ?)
and only afterwards fell victim to wodim.

> I got plenty to spoil if you are interested in looking at it. Do you need?
> Next day I burn another when I am in the office.

A run with -V -vvv instead of only -v might bring more insight about
the actual SCSI mistake that is made by wodim.
It is pure curiosity of mine, though.

As far as a user is concerned, the answer is found meanwhile.

If you had media with valuable data that were spoiled by wodim then
we could make experiments to fill and close the open track. Then we
could add another ISO session which would make the files in the
old valid sessions accessible again.

> > After mounting ithe DVD (e.g. at /mnt) can you read all data file content
> > without any i/o error message ?
> Mount is not successful. I wrote the error message from dmesg when I mount,
> but I forgot to say mount failed with a message that I should check dmesg.

I meant the DVD written by cdrskin.

I understand it is mountable and dmesg only reports:
> >  [ 3155.339700] ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A

But this does not necessarily mean that the data files are readable.
Especially with DVD+R DL you have to expect unreadable blocks.
This would not be the fault of the burn program but of drive and
media.