Re: growisofs fail to burn second session: why and how to solve?

Hi,

me:
> > Well, i am curious whether wodim -multi reliably spoils DVD+R DL.

Joerg Schilling:
> wodim is defective junk software. It only wastes time to think about it...

I already expressed my doubt that wodim -multi was the best choice for
operating DVD media.

Nevertheless we still have to find out if this was the reason why
the media came into that interesting state.
Further i would like to learn what exactly is wrong with it.
After all it reveils problems with about any software that touches it.

Much pointed towards an unclosed track 2.
  READ TRACK INFORMATION[#2]:
   Track State:           partial/complete
   Track Start Address:   812368*2KB
   Next Writable Address: 812368*2KB
   Free Blocks:           812352*2KB
   Track Size:            812352*2KB

Track state stems from READ TRACK INFORMATION reply byte 6:
"partial/complete" = RT bit is on, Blank bit is off.

I would rather have expected "reserved" = RT on, Blank on.

Maybe byte 5 of the reply can tell more about the track state.