Re: Linux, ISOFS, multi-extent files: what's the status?

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Giulio <giulioo@gmail.com> wrote:

I'd like to understand what are the pitfalls, if any, in using multi-extent
files, as enabled by mkisofs "--iso-level 3" option for files larger than
4GiB-2, on Linux.

I'm using
	- mkisofs 2.01.01a69
	- kernel 2.6.18-164.9.1.el5 (RHEL5)

====

When I started to implement support for multi-extent files in Summer 2006
in mkisofs, Linux had a problem with reading multi-extent files that are not
a multiple of 2048 bytes. IIRC, this problem disappeared in 2007 already.
BTW: IIRC, I received an I/O error for the last read before the bug was fixed.

There was another error having to do with reading data at the end of an image. Due to read ahead settings a read past end of data occurred and the (valid) partial data was not returned to the user program. Might that be what you are remembering?
--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  "We can't solve today's problems by using the same thinking we