Re: cdrecord floating point exception

Rob Bogus <rob23@tmr.com> wrote:

> > It looks as if you are a victim of the FUD spread by Debian :-(
> >
> > There always was only one cdrecord source code since it's
> > creation in late 1995. The first DVD support code was added in
> > February 1998 but could not be made OpenSource due to an NDA.
> >
> > Anyway, the DVD support in cdrecord code became OpenSource long
> > before the fork "wodim" was created.
> >

> Perhaps before the name was used, but there was a fork with DVD
> capability before cdrecord got the ProDVD code. I used it because I had
> too many problems with the licensing of ProDVD and couldn't get
> permission to install it.

Well, please try to find a proof that someone different did add DVD support
to cdrecord before February/March 1998.

You will not be able to do this because the official cdrecord DVD support
has been introduced at a time, when only two other DVD recording programs
have been available at all, one of them was from Pioneer. At the time
cdrecord introduced DVD support, only 35 DVD recorders existed in the whole
world.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)