Re: cdrecord floating point exception

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> > Sending CUE sheet...
>
> The program has few clue about DVD+RW.
> You probably caused this by option -dao.
>
> > CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00
> > status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> > Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 30 10 00 00
> > Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
> > Sense Code: 0x30 Qual 0x10 (medium not formatted) Fru 0x0

This program has no clue about DVD+, it would be most unlikely that
a different "write mode" specified on the command line would change things.
You cannot write to a DVD+RW without first formatting it and a program that
doesn't know that is needs to auto-format the medium before starting to write
just has no DVD+RW support.

As I mentioned before, cdrecord has mature DVD support since 11 years and DVD+
support was added 6 years ago. The fork (when started in september 2006) removed the
original DVD code and replaced it by something that does not work. I have no
idea why the initiators of the fork replaced working code... maybe they like
to disgust their users.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)