Re: cdrecord floating point exception

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > The fork (when started in september 2006) removed the
> > original DVD code and replaced it by something that does not work. I have no
> > idea why the initiators of the fork replaced working code...
>
> To my observation the timeline was:
>
> - Fork of cdrkit ("cdrecord" became "wodim").
>
> - Introduction of DVD code into the fork
>   (from program dvdrecord ?).
>
> - Soon later you released the cdrecord-ProDVD
>   functionality as cdrtools source tarball.

It looks as if you are a victim of the FUD spread by Debian :-(

There always was only one cdrecord source code since it's
creation in late 1995. The first DVD support code was added in
February 1998 but could not be made OpenSource due to an NDA.

Anyway, the DVD support in cdrecord code became OpenSource long
before the fork "wodim" was created.

Why don't you inform yourself from the official cdrecord website?

> As i stated towards Parker Jones:
> If growisofs cannot handle drive and media
> then there is few hope that others can.
> (I deem my programs not worse than growisofs
>  but they cannot claim to be better when it
>  comes to DVD writing.)

If you observe the net, you will see that there are many people
who report that they use cdrecord to write DVDs because growisofs
is not working for them......

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)