Re: syntax and logic for writing .iso using cdrecord?

Reply in-line :-

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 22:14, Joerg Schilling
<Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> shirish <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Joerg,
>>  If dev=/dev/cdrom is deprecated then what syntax is used nowadays?
>
> dev=/dev/cdrom was _never_ correct. The correct syntax for libscg did never
> change during the past 22 years. The correct syntax is the syntax mentioned in
> the man page dev=b,t,l

Which man page, where? I don't see any manpage for cdrecord or libscg
in my distro.
(Ubuntu)

$ man libscg
No manual entry for libscg

$ man cdrecord
No manual entry for cdrecord
See 'man 7 undocumented' for help when manual pages are not available.

I saw the dev=/dev/cdrom notation in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning

Hence I have no idea what dev=b,t,l mean

>> > It is correct, but in case you only have one drive in your system,
>> > there is no need to specify dev= at all.
>>

>> Then, in my case how should I have given it?
>> like this ?
>>
>> cdrecord driveropts=burnfree -v -data cd_image.iso
>>
>> Also is there a syntax or notation of speed which can be
>> put up somewhere?
>
> cdrecord by default uses the max possible speed. See the man page for more
> information.

Again no manpage. Although doing

$cdrecord --help tells me few things.

dev=target	SCSI target to use as CD/DVD-Recorder

speed=#		set speed of drive

I would be filing a bug if there is a manpage for cdrecord somewhere.

Just found it and filed a bug at

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cdrkit/+bug/321530

--
          Regards,