Re: syntax and logic for writing .iso using cdrecord?

Reply in-line :-

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 04:19, Joerg Schilling
<Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> shirish <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>  I have couple of queries.
>>
>> This is the normal/usual syntax told about using cdrecord when writing
>> an .iso image file.
>>
>> cdrecord dev=/dev/cdrom driveropts=burnfree -v -data cd_image.iso
>>
>> I am interested in this particular path of the syntax
>>
>> dev=/dev/cdrom
>
> Using dev=/dev/cdrom is dprecated and unsupported. It may work in some
> conditions but there is no guarantee.
>
> The dev=/dev/cdrom will not work at all on many operating systems and even
> on UNIX-like systems, there are devices without a dedicated device driver
> that for this reason don't have any /dev/* entry.

Hi Joerg,
 If dev=/dev/cdrom is deprecated then what syntax is used nowadays?

>> I have a Liteon DVD writer+ CD-Writer.
>>
>> This is the output when I use scanbus
>>
>> $ cdrecord --scanbus
>> scsibus1:
>>       1,0,0   100) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW SOHW-1633S' 'BS0S' Removable CD-ROM
>>       1,1,0   101) *
>>       1,2,0   102) *
>>       1,3,0   103) *
>>       1,4,0   104) *
>>       1,5,0   105) *
>>       1,6,0   106) *
>>       1,7,0   107) *
>>
>> Now please lemme know if this logic is correct or not?
>>
>> cdrecord dev=1,0,0 driveropts=burnfree -v -data cd_image.iso
>>
>> Is the above correct or should it have any errors?
>
> It is correct, but in case you only have one drive in your system,
> there is no need to specify dev= at all.

Then, in my case how should I have given it?
like this ?

cdrecord driveropts=burnfree -v -data cd_image.iso

Also is there a syntax or notation of speed which can be
put up somewhere?

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal