Re: What options should I have for files bigger than 2G ? (cdrecord and mkisofs)

Gregoire Favre <gregoire.favre@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 08:05:52PM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>
> > I can offer program xorriso as an alternative
> > to mkisofs as long as it is for ISO 9660 data file
> > recording.
>
> Just compiled it ;-)
>
> > Afaik, there is a standard for auxiliary data files
> > in an UDF file system which help non-computer video
> > players to handle the video files. These will not get
> > generated by xorriso.
>
> That shall be my problem, nero did make UDF filesystem, not iso9660
> ones.
> And by the way Joerg Schilling is (again) right ;-)

mkisofs also supports UDF and if you tell mkisofs to add UDF, you will probably
see the same as with nero.

If you are interested in the reason for your original problem, plese deliver
the needed information.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)