Re: What options should I have for files bigger than 2G ? (cdrecord and mkisofs)

Hi,

> >   mount -t iso9660 -o loop disk_file /mnt
> That's get me to the same problem as with the written DVD.
> Even if my md5sum are the same ???

Does that mean that program md5sum verifies
the file underneath /mnt but Mplayer still
refuses to work properly with it ?

> I just gave a small look at xorriso.1 : do you think I can create a iso
> with it in order to try if that would work ?

After installing it, there should be
a command xorrisofs which would work
instead of mkisofs in the script you
posted a few days ago.
(As said: for the case without -dvd-video)

Or in xorriso's own personality and notation:
  target=/dev/sr1
  xorriso \
    -outdev "$target" -blank as_needed \
    -joliet on -follow on -pathspecs on \
    -volid "$1" -add $2 -- \
    -fs 128m -close on

/dev/sr1 has to offer rw-permissions.
There is no further need to be superuser
in order to operate the burner drive.

You may as well use a regular file as target:
  target=/tmp/testimage.iso
  xorriso ...same.as.above...

(I advise reduce the fifo size to 128 MB.
 1000 MB seems oversized.)