Re: What options should I have for files bigger than 2G ? (cdrecord and mkisofs)

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Different is not the same.
> > I don't understand why when I write a large file with cdrecord and
> > mkisofs it's md5sum change and when I burn it with nero it stay the
> > same.
>
> This does not look like a problem with cdrecord
> but rather like one with mkisofs.

No, it looks like a problem with Linux unless proven otherwise.

> > My only conclusion is that on my linux with my hardware nero
> > works perfectly when cdrecord don't. I was just tring to understand why,
> > but apparently it's not the right place to seek for answer.
>
> I can offer program xorriso as an alternative
> to mkisofs as long as it is for ISO 9660 data file
> recording.

This does not help at all if there really is a problem.

Asuming that the claim that there are no problems with nero+linux is correct,
it seems that Linux only has problems with specific constraints that do not
apply to nero.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)