Re: growisofs won't write double layer DVDs

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se> wrote:

I recommend you to use cdrecord instead of growisofs.
Cdrecord will tell the drive to do laser power calibration

cdrecord does not do that to DVD+ media. A.

Wrong: cdrecord of course does a power calibration for DVD+

I thought it bypassed that for DVD+, I saw it in the code and can't find it again. It looked as if a text which fails on DVD+ went around that logic.
Does cdr_opc get set somewhere I'm missing? That could explain why some media I have don't work well with one burner and cdrecord.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still