Re: Announcing cdrskin-0.7.2

Hi,

> When will you correct your wrong claim that states you did not copy any byte
> from cdrecord's sources?

The claim is uphold.

> Note that we did already discuss this some time ago and it is obvious that
> you _did_ copy sources from an older version.

I removed the code which was labeled as stemming
from cdrdao and was not used by tested parts of
libburn anyway. It obviously implemented the
Reed-Solomon error correction as described in
ECMA-130. One thing is to understand the math
behind Reed-Solomon, quite a different thing
is to understand the discretization math which
leads to the tables in the cdrdao implementation.
Lacking the latter math i decided to give up the
inherited but never working CD raw modes of
libburn.
  http://libburnia-project.org/changeset/2779/libburn
You were informed about that decision in
  http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2009/08/msg00021.html
See last topic near end of message. You read
and replied.

libburn still does CD Mode 1 (-data) and CD-DA
(-audio). It also does DVD and BD where i
deliberately deviated from cdrecord's doings
and rather followed the much more appealing
example of growisofs.

If you find any other code parts which appear
copied from your projects then please report
them explicitely.
Our code is public and can easily be referred to.

Most suspect would be CD SAO which is the last
remaining write strategy that was not implemented
by myself.

> Dr. Norbert Preining Associate Professor
> JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology

I google among other things:
"Institut für Diskrete Mathematik und Geometrie,
 Technische Universität Wien"

Do you know by chance a smart student who can
contribute an implementation or explanation of
ECMA-130 Annex A ?

"The RSPC is a product code over GF(28) producing
 P- and Q-parity bytes. The GF(28) field is
 generated by the primitive polynomial
 P(x) = x8 + x4 + x3 + x2 + 1
 The primitive element a of GF(28) is
 a = (00000010) where the right-most bit is the
 least significant bit.
 [...]
"
The words "RSPC" and "P- and Q-parity bytes"
belong to the CD sector format specs. But the
others must be established mathematic terms.
(How is this connected to a Fourier
 transformation of the bit sequence on time
 domain ? Urgh ! Analysis ! On a finite set !)