Re: growisofs burns dvd successfully, but

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 09:15:51AM +0200, Ingo Krabbe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 08:43:43AM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > resend as the mailing list did bork my reply to binary content
>
> I just wondered if you send all your mails that way.
>

> > Ingo Krabbe <ingo.krabbe@eoa.de> wrote:
> >
> > > but I can't mount it.  I can read the iso with dvdisaster for example and loop
> > > mount the iso.
> > >
> > > The mediainfo tells me:
> > >  Track State:           complete,damaged
> > > when I try to mount the disc dmesg tells me:
> > >
> > >     attempt to access beyond end of device
> >
> > Then it did not write correctly.
>
> Funny thing is, that the DVDs I wrote that way, definitely worked, as I test
> most of my dvds after writing.  Also another dvd drive I tested now is able to
> mount them.
>

> > I recommend you to use cdrecord
> >
> > ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
> >
> > instead. Note that you also have defective software installed an you
> > don't use mkisofs but a defective fork called genisoimage.
>
> I see.  I updated to cdrecord and that seems to work now.

Update: No, it still has the same problems.  When I eject the DVD and reinsert
it into the drive the damaged flag is turned on and the DVD cannot mount
anymore.  My Yamaha DVD Player connected to my TV cannot read the DVD too,
another DVD drive cannot read the DVD.

As long as I don't eject the drive, the DVD can be mounted and dvd+rw-mediainfo
reports a good track state.

There was actually no change to when I used genisoimage/growisofs builtin dd or
mkisofs/cdrecord.  Both produce the same problems.  Is there a flag for cdrecord
that handles the dvd in a different way, that I may write the fixation/index
entry later in another way?

bye ingo