Re: rename functions as they conflict with glibc

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> > The "development" has been shut down on May 6th 2007.
>
> I had contact with Steve McIntyre after that
> date and except his admitted lack of time it
> did not seem as if cdrkit was declared
> discontinued.

A bit of reality check helps a lot....

The original software has a sustained SCCS putback rate of
2.5..3 modifications per day. The fork did have 63 modifications
since May 6th 2007.

This is why more than 100 bugs are not fixed and why the fork does not
offer the features one typically expects from such software today.

	Using the fork means riding a dead horse.

> > please note that it does not make sense to talk about thisd
> > software that cannot be legally distributed.
>
> Well, Roman Rakus wanted to submit a patch
> and i pointed him to a place where it has
> more chance to get seen.

The problem is that the fork is in conflict with the copyright law and thus
cannot be legally distributed.

The original software does not need the patch, so why bother?

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)