Re: cdrecord floating point exception

> On Mo, 02 Feb 2009, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > >  1) cdrecord writes to CDs.
> > >
> > >  2) cdrecord gets DVD writing code added and becomes cdrecord-ProDVD
> > >     which is not free software.  The free version of cdrecord continues
> > >     to exist, without DVD writing capability.
> >
> > cdrecord-ProDVD becomes free for everyone
> >
> > later, someone takes parts of the cdrecord DVD code by reverse engineering and
> > publishes patches that cause cdrecord to fail even with CD media.
>
> You are lying: Proof:
>
> From your website: ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/README:
>
>         NOTE: the DVD-recording drivers have been added to the OpenSource
>         part on May 15th 2006 with cdrtools-2.01.01a09.
>
> That was 2006.
>
> The first patch for adding DVD support to cdrecord I found in 1min
> searching was for cdrecord 1.11a08:
> 	http://www.abcpages.com/~mache/cdrecord-dvd.html
> cdrecord 1.11 was already released before 2001. At that time
> cdrecord-ProDVD was for sure not free.

This is rather just another poor dumb attempt for lying from you!

The code you are referring has been created by reverse engineering cdrecord.
It has been published 2 weeks _after_ cdrecord-ProDVD was available for free.
This is exactly the time (_after_ cdrecord was made available for everyone)
you need to reverse engineer this half hearted code...

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)