Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

The problem is that they have called wodim "cdrecord" and provided (or in some cases not) different functionality. Obviously distributions thought people wouldn't use it if people knew it was another program. I feel the same way as I do when I order coke and get pepsi, it's a scam.

I can't speak for the people who put together the distributions, but
I'm not at all convinced about the "Obviously".

I suspect that the larger motivation was "Don't break existing
scripts, don't break existing GUI front-end applications".