Re: Announcing xorriso-0.1.6

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

be invited to try the new release 0.1.6 of my program
xorriso, a ISO 9660 Rock Ridge filesystem manipulator.

It creates, loads, manipulates and writes ISO 9660
filesystem images with Rock Ridge extensions. It can
load the management information of existing ISO images
and it writes the session results to optical media or
to filesystem objects.

A special property of xorriso is that it needs neither
an external ISO 9660 formatter program nor an external
burn program for CD or DVD but rather incorporates the
libraries of libburnia-project.org .

This has been on my "someday list" for a while, does it have the capability of taking a bootable image, letting me change the non-boot files, and then giving me another burnable image? I'm thinking Linux install disks with the extras and upgrades added, to simplify creation. While I know how to make bootable media, from scratch if need be, I don't much enjoy the steps. :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still