Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

Andy Polyakov wrote:
Could you explain why writing a new program should
help to "fix" the hostile habbit of some Linux kernel
developers?

I see this as a more complex system of animosity.
To exchange one component might change that
system completely.
But for now, the official Linux world rather settled
with wodim. So the quarrel ended anyway.

The problem is that they have called wodim "cdrecord" and provided (or in some cases not) different functionality. Obviously distributions thought people wouldn't use it if people knew it was another program. I feel the same way as I do when I order coke and get pepsi, it's a scam.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still