Re: BD-R formatting help

Hi,

> It is as if
> it burned up to the scratch, hopped over it, and started burning again.

Eww. Do we know how Logical Block Addresses
map to real dye spots geometrically ?
That's not in MMC. Unless one could assume that
the "Physical Adresses" really form a simple
chain of media imprints. But i doubt that.

Matt Schulte wrote:
> I don't think I understand this question.
> I scratched the media, then burned my data.

We seem to get in sync now (slowly):
There is a visible difference in the dye
and the report of your dvd+rw-mediainfo run
indicates that probably 10 MB of spare have
been used to protect you from data loss.
(Whatever this other 50 % reservation is good for.)

So if one can dare to make a linear extrapolation
you should be able to compensate 10 millimeters of
scratch before the spare area gets near to be
exhausted.

> Unfortunately it has been about two years since
> I created this disc.

Did you test whether your burner is still able to
format a BD-R to default spare size ?