Re: BD-R formatting help

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Unfortunately it has been about two years since
I created this disc.

Did you test whether your burner is still able to
format a BD-R to default spare size ?

No, I haven't done it again, I'm trying not to throw away *too* many of these darn expensive discs.

It would appear that dvd+rw-format has never been able to format a BD-R, as currently if you put ssa=anything with a BD-R disc, it will fail.

That would mean that when I did it the last time, I used growisofs which itself performs a format (I am not sure whether it is as it goes or whether it is just done at the beginning of the burn). Probably something like: -use-the-force-luke=spare:min,wrvfy

Matt Schulte
Commtech, Inc.
Voice: 316-636-1131
Fax: 316-636-1163