Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> > Could you explain why writing a new program should
> > help to "fix" the hostile habbit of some Linux kernel
> > developers?
>
> I see this as a more complex system of animosity.
> To exchange one component might change that
> system completely.
> But for now, the official Linux world rather settled
> with wodim. So the quarrel ended anyway.

They will stop doing this stupid move after they realized that
this move did create them dozens of unfixed bugs and that there is no
maintanance for "wodim".

Wodim "development" stopped more than a year ago on May 6th 2007.
The changes that have been made later just try to hide this fact.
All wodim changes in total made after May 6th 2007 sum up to less than what I
change in cdrtools in a lazy week.

Look e.g. at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cdrkit

None of the problems listed there is present if you use the unmodifies offcial
cdrtools.

Some Linux people are strange. They e.g. complain about compile problems with
star on some Linux distributions (calling star junk) but forget that these
problems are a result of the fact that star support Linux specific features.
If those Linux distros would be installed in a consistent way, the compile
problems would go away. GNU tar on the other side does not support _any_ Linux
specific feature.....

It seems that the reason why some people don't like my software is because I am
supporting Linux too well ;-)

What we need is people who understand why problems occur and that help
educating others to avoid to repeat the same mistakes ever and ever again.
Libscg is based on 22 years of experiences with SCSI transport on many
_different_ platforms. This is why it is portable ;-)

> Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > I'll write a fix for cdrecord soon, tghen he may try again ;-)
>
> You make me curious.
> What precaution in cdrecord might avoid or
> compensate a 3 0C 00 WRITE ERROR ?

Now that we know a primary problem, let us asume that the drive reports
incorrect error messages and try again ;-)

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)