Re: Blanking/Formating a BD-RE

Arnold Maderthaner <arnold.maderthaner@j4care.com> wrote:

> The only thing I want to have is that I cannot mount it anymore with
> the previous filesystem (all tracks should be removed). I already
> tried cdrecord dev=x,y,z blank=all but it didn't work:
>
> [root@smooth bin]# ./cdrecord dev=3,0,0 blank=all
> Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a37 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
> Copyright (C) 1995-2008 J?rg Schilling
> scsidev: '3,0,0'
> scsibus: 3 target: 0 lun: 0
> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
> ./cdrecord: Warning Linux Bus mapping botch.
> ./cdrecord: Warning Linux Bus mapping botch.
> ./cdrecord: Warning Linux Bus mapping botch.
> ./cdrecord: Warning Linux Bus mapping botch.
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 5
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities   :
> Vendor_info    : 'LITE-ON '
> Identifikation : 'BD B LH-2B1S    '
> Revision       : 'AL09'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-3 BD-RE driver (mmc_bdre).
> Driver flags   : NO-CD BD MMC-3 BURNFREE
> Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
> Starting to write CD/DVD/BD at speed 2 in real BLANK mode for single
> session.
> Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
> ./cdrecord: Cannot blank BD.
> ./cdrecord: Cannot blank disk, aborting.
>
> can you help on this ?

Let me check the source, I thought it would work.... sorry, it seems that
I forgot about this and only added the code to the DVD+RW driver.

Please edit drv_bd.c and add:

return (blank_simul(scgp, dp, addr, blanktype));

before:
        errmsgno(EX_BAD, "Cannot blank BD.\n");
        return (-1);

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)