Re: Announcing xorriso-0.1.0, an integrated CD/DVD ISO 9660 multi-session tool

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling:
> > Why do you use autoconf if you write software that runs on Linux only?
>
> They produce the wellknown interface of
>   ./configure ; make ; make install
>
> configure.ac is understandable for package maintainers,
> if not for me. So they can tell me what i need to do there.
>
> For a similar reason i provide infrastructure for .so libraries
> although i personally avoid this architecture as good as i can.
>
> By principle, libburnia adapts to Linux, not vice versa.

So does it really like to be something that does not follow the principles
of OpenSource that are based on broad usability on as many platforms as
possible?

Linux is the most deviant platform for SCSI. If you adopt to Linux, you adopt
to no real portability.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)