Re: Announcing xorriso-0.1.0, an integrated CD/DVD ISO 9660 multi-session tool

Hi,

me:
> > By principle, libburnia adapts to Linux, not vice versa.
Joerg Schilling:
> OpenSource [...] Linux is the most deviant platform for SCSI.
> If you adopt to Linux, you adopt to no real portability.

If it is for weight and quantity then OpenSource _is_ Linux.
So any portability has to come after suitability for the
full range of Linux systems.

Having said this, believe me that i know how to produce
portable code and how to handle portability problems
if they arise. I am able to maintain CAD sources which
run on Domain/IX, SunOS, IRIX, Slowlaris, HP-UX and even
(spit spit) MS-Windows. More than a dozen POSIX systems.

Now i challenge you to tell me how i shall handle generic
transport of SCSI commands in a portable way.
Where are the common standards for this ?
Why aren't drive addresse schemes the same on any two
different POSIX resp. X/Open systems ?

There is no alternative to system specific adapter modules.

Joerg, you may pretend that libburnia is not designed portably.
As long as nobody wants it on any other system i can hardly
prove the contrary.
So let's for now divide the world into two halfs:

  We try to serve Linux, you serve the rest.