Re: Help: Burning multisession DVD+R with cdrecord 2.01.01a37

Oh, man all of you guys are awesome! Thanks. I'm still having issues, but I feel I have to apologize for not replying fast enough here (^_^). Thanks for all of your help. I don't know where to start, so I'm going to try and answer everyone on this post:

Thomas Schmitt:
There nothing wrong with your auto-install, don't worry about it. I am currently using Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty Server Edition. Doing a ./configure; make; make install is all that you need ( I think. I'll try it again without installing libburn seperately). Since I'm using ubuntu, and compiling from source, after all is done run the "ldconfig" command, and it will install libburn.so.4. All will be working! :)

- I've got some more stuff, but as soon as I post this, I'll write another one mentioning what I've done so far. Thanks (^_^)

Greg Wooledge:
Thanks for the tip! As soon as I saw "ldconfig" I realized I needed to do just that. Then cdrskin ran correctly. I'm still learning about linux programming, so bare with me. Thanks :)

Bill Davidson:
That's some good advice about root permissions and issues. I "think" I'm running in root. I have the root account disabled (defaulted in ubuntu) and I am executing everything in "sudo -i" environment. I see "root@noah#" So I'm sure I am root, but if I'm wrong please correct my errors.

Joerg Schilling:
I am but a humbled student here among respected teachers. I've read a lot, mostly your view points, about this whole licensing mess, the UTF-8, etc. And, I think I've shared my experiences, although brief, with everything else I've tried. I respect you and everyone here and I don't feel I'm very qualified to argue with anybody. I'm a just well seasoned programmer striving to defect from M$ and get back on the real technology band-wagon. (^_^)

Multi-border aware? I'm not sure what that is, but it sounds like your still working on that. I'll be patiently waiting then :) >Cdrecord did not write the medium in a way that allows appending - see cdrecord -info output.

Sorry, I'm confused. I could not find a -info switch in cdrecord. Nor a -info-output switch. I think I posted my -minfo. Did you want me to burn another CD again and copy its output? Just let me know what you need. Thanks