Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?

Hi,

me:
> > But the track still reports RT=0, Blank=0
> > with READ TRACK INFORMATION.
> > If it was closed then RT should be 1.
Joerg Schilling:
> Which track?

Logical track number 1 as reported by
dvd+rw-mediainfo.

As reported by Gregoire Favre:
> > > READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
> > > Track State:           invisible
Joerg Schilling:
> The problem is the unreadable output from dvd+rw-mediainfo...

I looked into the code and deduced the info
on  MMC level.
Together with MMC specs and dvd+rw-mediainfo.cpp
the output of dvd+rw-mediainfo is as good as
a self-made experiment.

Only way to put it in question is to ask Gregoire
whether dvd+rw-mediainfo meanwhile does not
say "invisible" any more.

(As said before, i believe "incomplete" would
be a better term. "Invisible" in MMC seems to be
rather a synonyme for "blank".)

> From the cdrecord -minfo output, there is only an "invisible" track
> past the closed 1st session.

Might well be.
But the track inside that closed session has RT=0,Blank=0
if inquired by 52h READ TRACK INFORMATION.

The MMC specs clearly state that RT=0 implies "not closed".
I assume you get a DVD+R fragment into that state if you
do not call RESERVE TRACK and not call CLOSE TRACK SESSION
with Close Function 1 (Track).
One could do that with a DVD+RW without negative consequences
but the recording model of DVD+R is very different from DVD+RW.

The other track (#2) has RT=0,Blank=1. It gets characterized
by dvd+rw-mediainfo as "blank".
(I fully agree with that naming :))