Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> some rather technical contribution:

If the other people only would be interested in a technical discussion!

> > READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
> > Track State:           invisible
>
> This means the track was not closed but contains
> data.
>
> Reasoning:
>
> dvd+rw- mediainfo.cpp reports "invisible"
> if in the reply of MMC command READ TRACK INFORMATION
> neither the RT bit nor the Blank bit is set.

If you look at the cdrecord -minfo output, you see better
how the media looks:

There is one closed session (from the reports from the OP,
this has not been closed by wodim but by a "cdrecord -fix"
call).

The disk has not been closed to prevent appending further data and
for this reason, there is one "invisible" session.

Unfortunately the OP is not interested in help and does not send the
requested informaton, but I would guess that Mac OS X could read the
medium using "readcd f=somefile". I would guess that there is a bug
in Mac OS X "multi session" handling. This is something where only Apple could
help.....

Anyway: cdrecord sucessfully "fixed" the first session on the medium.
If the OP did use cdrecord _instead_ of wodim for all his work, there
was no problem as cdrecord does not create multi-border disks by default.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)