Re: Oddness piping mkisofs into recent cdrecord versions

scdbackup@gmx.net wrote:
Bill Davidsen:

and -tao doesn't seem to work, for some reason cdrecord
thinks the TAO capability is missing.

Can i talk you into giving cdrskin a try ?
Version 0.2.6 or later does TAO on CD.
(A drive really without CD TAO capability is worth to
be put on the pillory here. Like "Do Not Buy This One !")

I'm going to cautiously say that I may have grabbed a DVD instead of a CD there. I have a lot of really cheap CDs and DVDs I use for "give away" to my kids, people at user groups, and the like, and they have no brand name or other information on the media. Since I can't replicate the "no TAO" with a CD, I'm going to pass on that one, it may have been my fault.

I will say that for ten cent DVDs and six cent CDs, these have worked very well. I don't use them for anything I expect to want very much, but the price is right for freebies. ;-)

As for cdrskin, I'll download it later today when I do some other stuff. If it builds cleanly and is easy to use I'll try it tonight, otherwise it goes on the queue.

Question: what does "-dvd-compat" really do?
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO TMR Associates, Inc