Re: cdrecord problems

* Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> [2007-07-27 18:23:15 +0200]:

> The world is not yet ready for free information.... there are always trolls
> that write incorrect claim into a wiki.

You are entirely free to correct it, I understand.

> >    http://www.arklinux.org/projects/dvdrtools/
> >
> >    This page is temporarily down because of spammer attacks; until it
> >    comes back, you can download dvdrtools from svn ...
>
> This is (acording to archive.org) the case since September 2006 :-)
>
> But you mention a disinformation project that did did go through the
> same stages as "cdrkit" did go. dvdrtools needed 11 months to stop
> all activities, cdrkit only needed 8 months ;-)

This is crazy talk!

http://www.cdrkit.org/

   2007/05/06
   Cdrkit 1.1.6 has been released, adding generic drive guessing, OpenBSD
   support and some bugfixes.

   2007/04/21
   Cdrkit 1.1.5 has been released, with genisoimage fix for <<4GiB files
   and internal restructuring.

   2007/04/01
   Cdrkit 1.1.4 has been released, providing some internal fixes. Now
   libusal opens the /dev/srX devices rather than /dev/sgX, where possible.

   . . .

And the changelog for dvdrtools goes from Jan 2002 to Feb 2006.

I'm afraid it is into the bozo bin for you :-(

Sincerely, and sadly,

Chris