Re: cdrecord problems

* Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> [2007-07-27 11:55:19 -0400]:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 09:59:36AM -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> > Perhaps I am talking out of turn here, but isn't this mailing list
> > restricted to covering the Debian fork (reference
> > <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/09/msg00002.html>)?
>
> No, this mailing list predates 2006 by quite some time.  It's a general
> list for discussion of all CD and DVD writing software, although in
> practice, it's just for Unix-type systems.
>
> It just happens to be hosted by Debian.

Thanks.

> Don't let the flame wars get to you... wodim is just as much on-topic
> here as cdrecord is, and each one has its place.

Oh, I'm used to flame wars, but not so used to paranoia.

I do have a question, though.  I know about cdrecord, wodim, and
dvd+rw-tools.  But are there any other CD/DVD writing engines out their?
Ones with source code, that is.

I don't mean alternate front ends, but engines.  Is there a good site
with a feature matrix?  This site, though amusing, does not have one:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cdrecord

One more bit of more sour amusement:

   http://www.arklinux.org/projects/dvdrtools/

   This page is temporarily down because of spammer attacks; until it
   comes back, you can download dvdrtools from svn ...

Now who would do a thing like that?

--
Tux rox!