Re: [Cdrecord-support] cdrtools-2.01.01a27 ready

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

The "problem" is that star creates archives which use features not
supported in various versions of tar. Not just GNU tar, there are tar
versions still in use which predate the standard you chose to implement.

You still send your malicious FUD, stop these lies!

Star does not create archives that cannot be read by other tar
implementations unless these tar implementations are definitely defective.

You may think they are defective because they can't read your tar file, most people just want a tar file *anyone* can read. And you can claim that all versions of tar are "definitely defective" from now until the cows come home, but most people want to write a tar file and use vendor tar to unpack it. "Defective" or not, that's what most people use.
As I mentioned before: The same bug in GNU tar that causes GNU tar to have
problems with some star archives prevents GNU tar to read back archives
created by GNU tar, see GNU tar mailing list.

You just said "my tests for star did fail immediately," then you say it
didn't fail. Which is it?

Again trying to write mail, that includes lies only?

You said that, I even included your quote although you have deleted it others have the original mail as well.
Finally stay away from here with your lies and attemts to reverse other peoples
statements.

They are your statements, I'm quoting them so everyone can see that I'm not making anything up. You delete what you said and hope others will forget and be too lazy to look it up.
--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>