Re: [Cdrecord-support] cdrtools-2.01.01a27 ready

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

-------> You again try to derail this dicsusion! <---------

If you have only off-topic FUD, stay away from these mailing lists!

> The "problem" is that star creates archives which use features not
> supported in various versions of tar. Not just GNU tar, there are tar
> versions still in use which predate the standard you chose to implement.

You still send your malicious FUD, stop these lies!

Star does not create archives that cannot be read by other tar
implementations unless these tar implementations are definitely defective.

As I mentioned before: The same bug in GNU tar that causes GNU tar to have
problems with some star archives prevents GNU tar to read back archives
created by GNU tar, see GNU tar mailing list.

> You just said "my tests for star did fail immediately," then you say it
> didn't fail. Which is it?

Again trying to write mail, that includes lies only?

Finally stay away from here with your lies and attemts to reverse other peoples
statements.

star passes all my incremental backup/restore tests from the first time.
GNU tar was not able to pass a simple test.

> I don't think that long filenames are the problem, I think that star
> does attributes, or acls, or something that the old versions just don't

Are you suffering from Alzheimer?

Your claim is a definite lie and this has been discussed many times before.

It seems that you are unable to have a useful discussion and you only try
to derail discussions.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)