Re: DVD works in Linux, not windows

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

If you like to get a working version with full DVD functionality and without
all the bugs that Debian adds since some time, get the latest original version from
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

As of the recent a26 version cdrecord simply doesn't burn anything on current Linux. The bugs preventing use as a normal user are still there,

Any reason to spread this lie?

In former times, you have been a serious programmer. You seem to convert
into a troll :-(

Cdrecord runs just fine on any Linux I did try. The fact that you need
root privileges in order to run cdrecord on Linux is not a decision I made
but required by prople like Linux Torvalds.

Since the vendor versions of cdrecord work, and cdrskin works, I can only assume that you either can't figure out how to fix the problem (other are smarter), or you choose to leave the bug and claim it is someone else's problem. In any case, your doesn't work, other's do.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>