Re: problems writing a large file to DVD+R Double Layer disk

Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 12:17:57PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> > I'll have to correct that via sed.
> >    test -z 1 && for ac_header in dummy
> > should be a single line repair of
> >    for ac_header in
>
> I don't understand this "repair".  test -z 1 will always return "false",
> because "1" is not a zero-length string.  So you might as well just comment
> out the "for ac_header in dummy" line altogether.
>
> As far as the original code goes, I'd have to see the entire "for"
> loop to know what the actual problem is.  Since I don't have access to
> a Solaris system (with its ancient pre-POSIX /bin/sh), and since dash

Sorry, you do not seem to understand POSIX :-(

While Solaris is fully POSIX-1-2001 compliant, Linux is not....

POSIX is a _source_ standard that does not deal with path names at all.
POSIX does not care about what you get when you type /bin/sh, POSIX grants you
that if you call:

PATH=`getconf PATH`
sh

you get a POSIX shell.

An autoconf utility that depends on bash instead of the Bourne shell is not
portable.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)